Baby News!
So we found out yesterday that we are expecting baby #2 our due date is Nov. 10th =) we are so excited for Rhys to be a big sister! So I now feel rushed to get Rhys potty trained, her 2nd bday is April 26th I am hoping to start right after her bday. If you have any to be tips or ideas I want to hear them I would love for this to be a quick easy transition if thats possible =)
hey ashley, if you want it to be quick and easy, i suggest waiting actually. unless she is a very avid talker and can tell you exactly what she wants, needs. I would try it out one day and see if she's ready. then hit the ground running. but if she's not ready, i would wait. when they are really ready, the process shouldn't take too long.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the above post. I had Daniel completely potty trained for about 2 months... and then Matthew was born. Daniel lost all potty training skills and we had to start completely over. I don't think there is any perfect formula. Each child is different and you have to take their personality & level of readiness into account. Daniel took 3 months, lost it for another 3-4 months & then took a couple of months to re-train (he was almost 3 by the time we got him trained). Matthew took one day (and he wasn't even 2)! WooHoo! I didn't do anything different, he just hated the feeling of being wet.
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited I can talk to you on here! :) Just to give you hope, Kari decided she needed to get Ella potty trained before baby Eden got here and Ella picked it up right away! When we were learning about bowel and urinary elimination in nursing school they said toddlers recognize the urge to go between 12-18 months but a lot of the times they aren't successfull at training until 22 months... so I'm sure Rhys will do great!
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the comments I will give it a try after her bday for a couple of days and see how that goes, she already tells me when she goes # 2 and wants to be changed however she doesn't tell me when she is wet. I have tried to get her to sit on her potty and that didn't go so well she likes to put toys on it but not her booty =) also I can't find panties small enough for her I bought some 2Ts which are way to big she only weighs 22 lbs so I'm not sure where to get some small ones
ReplyDelete